Our Security officers have demonstrated abilities to implement an effective relationship with clients and act on the client’s feedback. Allies Security officers are not only well groomed with excellent personal conduct, but also have credibility and excellent communication skills. Allies Security officers are committed “to exceed then meet clients’ expectations”.
Our Security Officers have a broad understanding of the following legislation;
- Occupational Health Safety Act and Regulations;
- Security Industry Act 2001;
- Inclosed Lands Protection Act 1901;
- Crimes Act 1900;
- Liquor Act 1982;
- Evidence Act 1995;
- Privacy Act 1988.
Personnel are also highly qualified for the following services:
- Foot and mobile patrols and protecting people and property;
- Response to various alarm systems 24/7;
- Proficient in briefing and debriefing clients and customers;
- Identification of risks and hazards and applying appropriate counter measures;
- Report writing skills – for example, fill shift logs, incident, accident reports;
- Response in emergency situations;
- Access point security and/or Full Site Patrols
- Alarm Response Services – 24/7
- Shopping Centre/Suburban Plazas/Parking Stations – Patrols
- Gate house duties and lock outs.